Terms and Conditions
Please read and print this page, or use the PDF here. Sign and return to us with your booking information.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will provide a time period during which visit(s) will occur. This may be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances.
2. Visits on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Easter Sunday and all Bank Holidays will be charged at double the normal fee.
3. All new clients will receive a home consultation.
1. Where cancellations are notified to us at least 14 days prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
2. Any bookings that are cancelled between 14 days and 48 hours before the start date of the booking will require 50% payment for services.
3. All bookings cancelled within 48 hours will be payable in full.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will not look after aggressive animals.
2. The client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including but not limited to medical care, legal fees, etc.) if the client's pet(s) should bite another animal.
1. In the event that additional items need to be purchased e.g. pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and wellbeing of your pet, Home Alone Pet Care will purchase the items, retain a receipt and obtain reimbursement from the client on their return.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will obtain a key for your house during the home consultation visit.
2. Your key will be kept in a secured lock system and are coded for your protection.
1. During the initial consultation the client will provide their contact numbers, pet's care needs, emergency contact details, details of any other key holder and any other pertinent information.
1. All of your information will be kept private and confidential.
2. All of our records will be stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
1. All reasonable care is taken to ensure the integrity and suitability of the care provided.
2. Home Alone Pet Care has valid public liability insurance.
3. The insurance only covers Home Alone Pet Care for the duration of the selected service and only for services agreed.
4. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that their property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
Additional Pet Care Assistance and Other Scheduled Services
1. Home Alone Pet Care does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
2. At the time of consultation the client should give details of anyone who may have access to their home while they are away.
3. The client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Home Alone Pet Care have been engaged.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will follow instructions to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications if they arise.
2. Home Alone Pet Care will not service any pet that has a contagious illness.
3. If Home Alone Pet Care is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the clients pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste. For cat litter trays we do request that you provide all necessary items such as scooper, cat litter and plastic bags and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of. The same for any other home based animal.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will clean up after your pets to the best of their ability. Please inform them of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies.
2. Home Alone Pet Care is not responsible for carpet/ flooring stains created by your pet(s).
3. We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels and bin bags.
4. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, we will charge a reasonable fee for clean-up time.
1. Details of gas, electric and mains water shut off points are to be provided during the home consultation.
2. In the event of a household emergency, your emergency contact will be contacted to arrange any remedial work.
3. Home Alone Pet Care will not be held liable for any theft or damage to your property or injury or illness to your pet.
4. If appropriate your emergency contact and the Police will be notified.
5. The client will ensure that windows are closed/ locked and house is left in a secure manner.
Changes to return date
1. Home Alone Pet Care carefully schedules time to service you and other clients, therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes.
2. In the event that the client is delayed on return they must inform Home Alone Pet Care immediately and they will make a great effort to ensure continued cover. This will incur an additional charge.
1. Home Alone Pet Care accepts cash/bank transfer.
2. A 25% non-refundable deposit of the total sum due is payable to Home Alone Pet Care at the time of booking.
3. The remaining balance is due on or before the first date of service start date.
4. Where services are required long term, the client may make payment on a monthly basis.
5. Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements and a cancellation fee will be payable.
1. Home Alone Pet Care will not post anything on social media in relation to the client or their pet without the clients consent.
2. Anything posted on social media will not identify the client or their address without their express permission.
1. Home Alone Pet Care shall not be liable to the client or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Home Alone Pet Care's reasonable control.
Client full name:
Signed for and on behalf of Home Alone Pet Care: